Agriculture Victoria expertise on hand at field days
18 February 2020
Farmers at this year’s Wimmera Machinery Field Days are encouraged to call into the Agriculture Victoria exhibit for all the latest information on grains research, land management practices and animal health.
The Agriculture Victoria team will also have copies of one of its newest publications ‘A guide for farmers in using seasonal forecasts in South Eastern Australia’.
This booklet includes grower case studies, information about the key climate drivers, an explanation of wetter versus dryer climate patterns and the latest insights and tips.
Information about animal health, crop diseases and innovative crop research occurring in the Wimmera Mallee will also be on hand.
Farmers interested in the forecast for the coming season can also drop in to discuss what is ahead and the likely impacts in 2020.
Agriculture Victoria’s site will also include:
- Animal health staff and meat and wool staff, available to help landholders update their Property Identification Codes (PICs), particularly their contact details which is critical in an emergency event
- Grains land management scientists to discuss farmer issues and upcoming events in the Wimmera
- Grains climate scientists with information on soil moisture levels and seasonal outlooks
- Grains pathology staff who can discuss the 2020 crop variety disease ratings and disease management for the upcoming season
- Biosecurity officers to identify and discuss problem weeds
- Grains Innovation Park researchers who will display their activities in the Australian Grains Gene Bank, crop phenomics research and ‘Smart Farms’
Agriculture Victoria will be in the Alan Heard Pavilion at the Field Days from March 3 to 5.
For details go to wimmerafielddays.com.au.
Contact Name: Justine Severin
Contact Number: 0436 674 804
Categorised under: Agriculture