Calling for animal welfare expertise
20 June 2018
The Victorian Government is seeking expressions of interest for eight members to join the Animal Welfare Advisory Committee (AWAC) for a term of up to three years.
The non-statutory committee is appointed by the Minister for Agriculture.
It provides expert advice to the Minister as well as Animal Welfare Victoria on matters relating to the welfare of animals.
The expressions of interest close on 13 July 2018.
Animal Welfare Victoria Executive Director Sally Fensling, thanked the incumbent committee members for their great work.
"The advisory committee plays a crucial role working with Minister and Animal Welfare Victoria to improve the treatment and welfare of animals in Victoria," Ms Fensling said.
The current committee is chaired by Professor Ron Slocombe, a veterinary specialist with over 25 years' experience in pathology and academia.
Successful applicants will include a variety of expertise, such as:
- agricultural, animal or veterinary science
- care, breeding and management of companion animals
- animal welfare expertise; public policy
- commercial, recreational, display and scientific use of animals
- ethical standards and conduct in respect of animals
- wildlife conservation and management.
For more information and to submit an expression of interest, visit getonboard.vic.gov.au.
Contact Name: Nicole Cairns
Contact Number: 0436 675 030
Categorised under: Pets