Animal Welfare Advisory Committee (AWAC)
The Victorian Government has established the Animal Welfare Advisory Committee (AWAC) to provide the Minister for Agriculture with expert and strategic advice on animal welfare related issues.
The role of AWAC is to:
- contribute to improving the welfare of animals in Victoria by providing strategic advice to the minister on animal welfare issues
- assist the minister and the department in reviewing legislation (including regulations) to improve the effectiveness of policies that relate to animal welfare
- provide comment on and participate in the development and revision of animal welfare codes and standards and
- provide considered advice on any animal welfare matters referred to it by the minister or the department.
- Ms Carmel Morfuni (Chairperson)
- Dr David Beggs
- Prof Paul Hemsworth
- Dr Michelle Ledger
- Dr Patricia Mitchell
- Ms Glenys Oogjes
- Dr Elizabeth Walker
- Dr Rebbecca Wilcox
- Dr Scott Williams