Licence application forms
To apply for a Scientific Procedures Premises Licence, Scientific Procedures Premises Licence (School), Scientific Procedures Fieldwork Licence, or Specified Animals Breeding Licence, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Form to notify us of Scientific Procedures conducted as Fieldwork
(i.e. procedures conducted at non-licensed premises)
Form to apply to conduct 'Death as an end-point' procedures (DAEP)
DAEP procedures are defined in the Australian code of practice for the care and use of animals for scientific purposes as 'those rare procedures where death is the deliberate measure for evaluating biological or chemical processes, responses or effects'. Refer to the Acts, regulations and Codes of Practice page for a link to the Australian Code.
- Apply for approval to conduct ''Death as an end-point" procedures [PDF File - 106.9 KB]
- Apply for approval to conduct ''Death as an end-point" procedures [MS Word Document - 38.5 KB]
Animal Use Return forms for 2016
Animal Use Returns must be completed and submitted to us for Scientific Procedures Premises Licences, Scientific Procedures Fieldwork Licences and Specified Animals Breeding Licences held for any period in 2016. If no animals were assigned to projects or held in breeding colonies during the year, a Part B only needs to be completed.
Complete and accurate Returns are due by 31 March 2017.
- Animal Use Return 2016 - Part A [MS Excel Document - 576.4 KB] - Excel sheet for detailing animals assigned to or used in projects and Specified Animal Breeding Colonies. Please contact email@example.com if an older version Excel sheet is required.
- Animal Use Return 2016 - Guidelines [PDF File - 16.0 KB] - PDF document incorporating instructions for completing all Parts of the Return, and the Forms for Part B and Part C
- Animal Use Return 2016 - Guidelines [MS Word Document - 348.5 KB] - Word document incorporating instructions for completing all Parts of the Return, and the Forms for Part B and Part C
- Animal Use Return 2016 - Part A supplement (dropdown box list) [PDF File - 16.0 KB] - list of options for the drop-down boxes in Part A (also provided in the Guidelines document).
- Animal Use Return 2016 - Part A supplement (dropdown box list) [MS Word Document - 326.5 KB] - list of options for the drop-down boxes in Part A (also provided in the Guidelines document).
An optional Annual AEC Self-audit document is available for AECs to work through each year as a means of monitoring their own functioning. Copies of self-audits should be kept for inspection during auditing and may be a useful alternative to traditional annual reports to the to the institution for which it acts.