Biosecurity Competition at the 2019 Royal Melbourne Show
Agriculture Victoria is promoting biosecurity and agriculture technology at the 2019 Royal Melbourne Show.
Visitors are encouraged to visit Agriculture Victoria in the Livestock Pavillion to learn about agriculture technology, and get photos taken engaging with three biosecurity images around the showgrounds.
You can find the images at the locations described below:
- Bees and Varroa mite: on the Jurassic Creatures Pavilion wall near the Kids Carnival by Gate 9.
- Queensland Fruit Fly: near the entrance to the the Spotlight Makers Pavilion, near gate 1.
- Red Imported Fire Ants: along the stadium for the Channel 7 Entertainment Precinct.
Biosecurity at the Royal Melbourne Show 2019 Competition - Terms and conditions
- The promoter of the Biosecurity at the Royal Melbourne Show 2019 Competition (the Competition) is Department of Jobs, Precincts and Regions (ABN 83 295 188 244) (the Department) as represented by Agriculture Victoria, 1 Spring St, Melbourne, Vic 3000.
- The Competition is open to visitors to the Royal Melbourne Show 2019 (the Show) excluding employees of Agriculture Victoria or the Royal Agriculture Society of Victoria and anyone otherwise connected with the organisation or judging the Competition. Entrants must also have access to Instagram at their own cost.
- There is no entry fee to the Competition and no purchase is necessary to enter the Competition.
- By entering this Competition, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- Age: If you are aged under 18 years at the time of submitting your entry you must first obtain the consent of your parent or legal guardian. By giving this consent, the parent or guardian agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions. Entries submitted by entrants who are aged under 18 years without the required parental or guardian consent are invalid.
- Competition Period: The Competition will run for the duration of the Royal Melbourne Show from opening time (9.30 am) on the 21 September to closing time (9.00pm) on 1 October 2019 (Competition Period). After this time, no further entries to the Competition will be considered.
- Agriculture Victoria does not accept any responsibility for entries not received for any reason.
- Image: The rules for entry are as follows:
- Take a photo of yourself or friends engaging with any of the three biosecurity images at the show (the Image). The three biosecurity images are honeybees, red imported fire ants and Queensland fruit fly.
- If you include other people in the Image you must have obtained the consent of each person in the Image for your entry to be used in accordance with these terms and conditions. Your entry must not:
- be offensive, defamatory or inflammatory;
- bring Agriculture Victoria or the Department into disrepute;
- contain any material that would infringe any other person’s intellectual property rights or breach any law.
- You must post your Image on Instagram using the hashtag #VicBiosecurity during the Competition Period.
- You may submit multiple entries.
- You must not tag anyone in the Image unless you have obtained their consent.
- Agriculture Victoria will determine the validity of entries and select three winning Images at its sole discretion. One photo will be selected for each image - bees, fire ants and fruitfly. The judging criteria are: imaginative engagement with the artwork; clarity and picture quality of the photo; and the representation of biosecurity issues.
- Use of Image: If you win and accept a prize, you agree to Agriculture Victoria using the Image in future, in any manner at its discretion, to promote Agriculture Victoria and its work on biosecurity, including on the Agriculture Victoria Facebook and Twitter and corporate website, the Department’s LinkedIn and Twitter and corporate website. You further agree that you will not have the right to review or preapprove use by Agriculture Victoria of the Image or your likeness; you will not make any claim for payment or fees in relation to Agriculture Victoria’s use of the Image or your likeness; and you release Agriculture Victoria, its employees and agents from any liability arising out of such use.
- Winners: Prize winners will be notified through direct message on their Instagram account. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 14 days of Agriculture Victoria notifying them, Agriculture Victoria may determine that the prize is forfeited and pick a replacement winner.
- Prizes: A gift voucher from an Australian electronics store to the value of $500 will be provided to allow a winner’s individual selection of a drone or preferred item. The gift card will be posted to the address provided by the winner.
- Prizes are non-transferable, non-exchangeable and cannot be substituted for cash. By accepting a prize, a winner agrees to any product terms and conditions that apply to the prize they select, in addition to these terms and conditions. Agriculture Victoria is not liable for the third-party supply of the prize, or to pay any amount in excess of the redeemable value of the gift card.
- Agriculture Victoria accepts no responsibility in the event the winner is unable to use the prize, or the prize is lost or stolen.
- Agriculture Victoria’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the Competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Instagram: This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram. By entering the Competition, the entrant is deemed to have accepted any relevant terms and conditions of use associated with Instagram and to have irrevocably released Instagram from any and all liability in connection with the Competition.
- Liability: Agriculture Victoria will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, any consequential or indirect loss), cost or damage, personal injury or death which is suffered (whether or not due to the negligence of any person) in connection with the entrant entering this Competition, as a result of the administration of the Competition or in connection with the acceptance, selection or use of any Prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (and, if so, that liability is limited to the minimum permitted by law).
- Agriculture Victoria reserves the right to cancel or amend the Competition and these terms and conditions without notice if required. Any changes to the Competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible.
- Laws: The Competition is governed by the laws of Victoria, Australia.
- Any queries relating to the Competition should be addressed to email@example.com