Mountain Milk Line Newsletter: August 2013
The Mountain Milk Line is produced by the DEPI Dairy Services Branch and North East Murray Dairy
- Coming events
- Vaccinating against calf scours
- Are you putting your cows at risk of acidosis?
- Coming up to spring: Fertilising to boost spring growth
- Evaluating milk price systems
- New videos to explain water carryover changes
- Monthly reminders
Down to business
Tallangatta Memorial Hall, 30 Towong St, Tallangatta
13 September, 8am - 11.30am
Discuss the results of the 2012-13 Dairy Industry Farm Monitor Project, investigate risk in dairy businesses and be fully informed to make the most of the season ahead.
RSVP to Mick O'Keefe, DEPI Rutherglen, (02) 6030 4548
NCDEA Course: Feeding Dairy Cows
Tallangatta Memorial Hall,
17, 18, 24 and 25 September 10 am - 3 pm.
Topics covered include:
- Nutrition language - understanding the terms used when discussing dairy cow nutrition;
- Ruminant digestion;
- Condition scoring;
- The feed requirements of the cow through the lactation;
- Nutrients supplied by different feeds;
- Balancing the diet;
- Transition feeding;
- Basic feed budgeting;
- Comparing cost of nutrients.
This course is an accredited unit from Certificate IV in Agriculture AHCLSK402A Develop livestock feeding plans. At the end of the course you will be able to develop a feed plan to successfully assess cow requirements and balance the diet.
For more information please contact Wilf Reuther, (03) 5824
5515 or 0429 001 398.
Classifieds for North East Dairy Farmers
Poly Master 50 teat calf feeder $1,800 + GST
Wilson RF1000 hot water system $2,200 + GST
Contact (02) 6071 8644
Looking for dairy farm work in the Corryong region
Can supply resume including accredited earthmoving and general farming certificates
Please call Robert Goodwin on 0431 046 064To post an article strictly related to North East dairy farmers in this section please contact Dennis Watson, telephone (02) 6030 4567, prior to the end of the month.