Mountain Milk Line Newsletter: July 2013
The Mountain Milk Line is produced by the DPI Dairy Services Branch and North East Murray Dairy
Inside your July Mountain Milk Line:
- Coming events
- Talking the same language always helps
- Pugging this winter
- Welcome to the region Mick O'Keefe
- Dairy industry Farm Monitor gears up for annual survey
- Monthly reminders
Grassland Society of Southern Australia - 2013 Annual Conference – 'Learn, Adopt, Prosper'
This year's conference will be held at the Soldiers, Sailors and Airmen's (SS&A) Club, 570-582 Olive Street, Albury, from July 17 – 18.
The program promises some interesting sessions and speakers, including:
- Achieving the potential
- Maximising the output from your soil
- soil phosphorus issues
- biological alternatives to superphosphate
- fertiliser strategies after wet summers
- Pasture species for Improved production
- New technologies in grazing systems
- getting the big lift from gene technology
- Getting the right price for your produce
For more information please contact Tim Paramore on 0428 686 370 or visit www.grasslands.org.au.
Cups On / Cups Off
Monday 29 July 9.30 am – 2.30 pm, and Tuesday 30 July 9.30 am – 12.30 pm.
Calf Rearing Workshop
Thursdays 18 and 25 July, 10 am – 3 pm.
Wednesdays 14 and 21 August, 10 am – 3pm.
Manage Farm Safety
Fridays 19 and 26 July, 10 am - 3 pm.
Farm Chemical Users Course
Thursday 8 August, 9 am – 4 pm.
Feeding Dairy Cows
17, 18, 24 and 25 September, 10 am – 3 pm.
To register please call 1300 062 332.
Classifieds: Strictly related to North East dairy farmers
To post an article strictly related to North East dairy farmers in this section please contact Dennis Watson, telephone (02) 6030 4567, prior to the end of the month.