Mountain Milk Line Newsletter: June 2013
The Mountain Milk Line is produced by the DEPI Dairy Services Branch and North East Murray Dairy
Inside your March Mountain Milk Line:
- Feeding your cows in the dry period
- Happy heifers make milking easier
- Super potash 3 and 1 at $291/tonne!
- Employing labour on dairy farms
- Tightening the calving pattern
- Get updates on key production inputs and costs
- Monthly reminders
Focus Farm Field Day - Final
2040B Yabba Road Tallangatta South - 27 June, 11:00am - 1:30 pm
For further information or to register, please contact Troy Mauger at Murray Dairy telephone (03) 5833 5927 or John Mulvany telephone 0409 935 578.
Grassland Society of Southern Australia - 2013 Annual Conference – 'Learn, Adopt, Prosper'
This year's conference will be held at the Soldiers, Sailors and Airmen's (SS&A) Club, 570-582 Olive Street, Albury, from July 17 – 18.
The program promises some interesting sessions and speakers, including:
- Achieving the Potential
- Maximising the Output from your Soil
- soil phosphorus issues
- biological alternatives to superphosphate
- fertiliser strategies after wet summers
- Pasture Species for Improved Production
- New Technologies in Grazing Systems
- getting the big lift from gene technology
- Getting the right price for your produce
At the conference dinner on the Wednesday evening, local and 2013 Golden Guitar winner Peter Denahy will ensure plenty of laughs and entertainment.
A delegate's breakfast sponsored by TasGlobalSeeds and Vic Seeds will be available from 7.30am on Thursday 18 July in the Trade Exhibition Area until 8.15 am with conference presentations commencing at 8.30 am.
Research from across the country and the Tasman will be featured on Thursday morning, with speakers from two large scale animal production businesses concluding the afternoon session and the conference. For more information please contact Tim Paramore on 0428 686 370 or visit Grassland Society of Southern Australia Inc.
People GPS days, coming in July – contact NCDEA on 1300 062 332.
Classifieds: Strictly related to North East dairy farmers
To post an article strictly related to North East dairy farmers in this section please contact Dennis Watson, telephone (02) 6030 4567, prior to the end of the month.