Agriculture Victoria staff are working with affected landholders of the Gippsland fires to assess injured livestock, and losses of agricultural assets and livestock.
If you have any injured livestock, please report it to Agriculture Victoria on 1800 226 226 so that our animal health staff can assess the livestock.
If you have injured pets, please seek advice immediately from your local vet.
Practical information for managing your farm after a fire
- Assessing cattle after a bushfire
- Assessing sheep after a bushfire
- Horses affected by bushfire
- Disposing of carcasses
- Stock containment areas
- Pasture recovery after fire
- Agisting livestock affected by a bushfire
- Water and pasture after bushfire
- Livestock after an emergency
- Building a sediment fence
- Weed invasion after emergencies