There are many facets to a farm business that producers need to manage, including financial, environmental, animal welfare, risk management, occupational health and safety and marketing.
The department provides information and research about different ways to increase productivity and how to access markets. You can also find tools and ideas to help you run your farm more effectively.
- Farm diversification can be a useful way to increase productivity and reduce risk.
- The Farm Monitor Project analyses and compares the performances of livestock and dairy operations.
- Learn about permits you need when creating a farm plan.
- The Improving Decision Making framework has proved valuable for agriculture, for new landholders and for investors into new industries.
- An export plan is essential to the success of export activities.
- Whole Farm Planning helps you address the current and future goals of your property, industry, landscape and catchment.
- Property Management Systems helps you run your rural property by manage multiple issues effectively.
- Find some handy farm budgets and tools.