Young Farmer Business Bootcamps 2018
Agriculture Victoria, with Australian Wool Innovation, is pleased to present the Young Farmer Business Bootcamps, an exciting two day program for young farmers or producers new to farming.
Delivered at various locations across Victoria, the Young Farmer Business Bootcamp will assist producers to understand and manage business risk, develop a business plan to grow their business and to have confidence that there is a future in agriculture for them.
The bootcamps are aimed at young producers such as beef, sheep and mixed farming businesses. Young farmers are encouraged to attend with other business partners.
These fun and interactive workshops will utilise a series of farm case studies as real life examples, providing participants with the skills to help them manage their farm business now, as well as planning for their business into the future. Participants will have ample opportunity to discuss individual circumstances with the presenters throughout the workshops.
The workshops will be delivered by Paul Blackshaw, Farm Business Advisor, Meridian Agriculture.
Topics to be covered
- identifying, planning for, and managing risk in a farm business
- succession planning
- pathways to farming
- planning for profit
- evidence based decision making to improve your business
- improving the performance of a business
- determining the performance of a business
- overview of financial literacy & the profit map
- why is farm business management important?
To register go to: https://bairnsdalebootcamp2018.eventbrite.com.au
For more information contact Caroline Love, Agriculture Victoria on (03) 03 5152 0603.
Workshop locations and dates
|Location||Day 1||Day 2|
Bairnsdale Sporting and Convention Centre
117 Great Alpine Road
Monday 12 November 2018
9.30am until 3.00pm
Monday 19 November 2019
9.30am until 3.00pm
Past participants of this program reported their knowledge, skills and confidence have grown in managing their farm business as a result of attending the bootcamps.
Comments from participants include:
- that they are "more confident managing whole farm budgets" and have "greater confidence in business management."
- and "[attending these workshops has] strengthened my belief that proper economic planning and analysis is important in a good business."
For more information contact:
Phone: (03) 5761 1573