Checklist for Applications
Documentation for a Planning Application in Rural Areas
1. Contact your council prior to preparation of information (this could include a telephone discussion or meeting with the planning department). Discuss your plans to see which activities require a permit, what restrictions may apply and who you may need to speak to or gather information for your permit application.
2. Completed Application form
3. Fee for lodgement of application
4. Copy of Title, including a diagram of the lot and details of any restrictive covenants or other legal restrictions affecting the property. Note: some councils may require a Title that has recently been issued, e.g. maximum 30 days from issue. You should check with your local council.
5. Does an existing agricultural use occur on the land? If yes, please list the use or attach the appropriate information.
6. Is the land subject to a Wildfire Management Overlay? A CFA 'Building in a Wildfire Management Overlay Applicant's Kit 2007' must be completed. The Kit is available from the CFA website: www.cfa.vic.gov.au o Wildlife Management Overlay Kit completed and attached
7. If any native vegetation is to be removed (includes tree/s, shrubs, grasses, herbs) a DSE 'Native Vegetation Planning Permit Applicant's Kit' may need to be completed. This kit is available from: www.dse.vic.gov.au Check with your council to find out the size/type of vegetation removal that will require a planning permit, any exemptions that may apply and whether any additional information is required. Refer to Clause 52.17 of your local planning scheme. o Native Vegetation Planning Permit Applicant's Kit completed and attached
8. If the application involves Intensive animal industries, check whether this is supported by a Code of Practice or Animal Intensification Proposal. Refer to the DPI Website for 'codes of practice' www.dpi.vic.gov.au
9. Do you have any other applications in with other agencies? If yes, please list the agencies. (e.g. application lodged with local water authority)
Additional documentation if a Farm Plan is required
10. Farm Plan requirements completed and attached (refer to attached checklist for details)
Tick = Checked or necessary information included
NA = not applicable