Licences, permits and forms
Agricultural Chemical User Permit (ACUP) - required to use 'restricted use' chemicals, products containing gaseous methyl bromide, phosphine formulated as liquified gas or pindone concentrate for the preparation of poison baits.
Commercial Operator Licence - required by people who operate a business that provides ground-based agricultural chemical application services (i.e. all application methods excluding aerial) for a fee or reward in Victoria.
Copper Chromium Arsenic ACUP - required by people using timber treatment chemicals containing all three of copper, chromium and arsenic.
Agricultural Aircraft Operator Licence - required to operate a business that provides an aerial spraying service and to employ pilots to carry out aerial spraying.
Pilot (Chemical Rating) Licence - required by any pilot who conducts aerial spraying of agricultural chemicals.
Agricultural Chemical Control Area Permit - allows a chemical use in an Agricultural Chemical Control Area that would otherwise be prohibited.
A Section 25A permit - required in order to use 1080 or PAPP contrary to the Directions for the use of 1080 and PAPP pest animal bait products in Victoria
Licence and permit application forms.
Complete a Change of Address Notification for a Licence or Permit form to notify DEDJTR if you have changed your address.
Permits issued by the Australian Pesticides and Veterinary Chemicals Authority (APVMA) are required in Victoria to use:
- a 'restricted use chemical' in an off-label manner
- an unregistered chemical product
- use a chemical product at a rate higher than the maximum rate on the label for that use
- use a chemical product more frequently that the use intervals specified on the label for that use
- use a chemical product contrary to a specific restraint statement on the product label e.g. "DO NOT apply by air."
To find out more about APVMA permits, visit APVMA.