Baiting (1080 and PAPP)
Pest animal bait products containing 1080 (sodium fluoroacetate) or PAPP (4-aminopropiophenone) can be used in Victoria to control certain pest animals, like rabbits, foxes, wild pigs and wild dogs.
To use 1080 or PAPP a person must:
- Be an authorised person e.g. hold an Agricultural Chemical Users Permit with a 1080/PAPP endorsement;
- have completed recognised training in farm chemical use;
- have completed recognised training in the use of 1080/PAPP;
- OR be directly supervised by an appropriately authorised person;
- obtain the product from an accredited supplier and;
- use the product according to the Directions for the use of 1080 and PAPP pest animal bait products in Victoria and label directions.
1080 & PAPP Training, Licences and Permits
Ensure you have completed the correct training, and hold the right permit or licence to purchase and use 1080/PAPP pest animal bait products legally.
Directions for use 1080 and PAPP
All use of 1080 and PAPP must comply with these directions for use, unless a Section 25A permit is obtained.
Sale and manufacture of 1080 and PAPP products
Information for manufacturers (including mobile manufacture), wholesalers and retailers.
1080 and PAPP resources page
Documents to assist with planning a baiting program, risk assessment, neighbour notification, record keeping and purchasing 1080 and PAPP for pest animal control programs.