Baiting (1080 and PAPP)
Pest animal bait products containing 1080 (sodium fluoroacetate) or PAPP (4-aminopropiophenone) can be used in Victoria to control certain pest animals, like rabbits, foxes, wild pigs and wild dogs.
To use 1080 or PAPP a person must:
- Be an authorised person e.g. hold an Agricultural Chemical Users Permit with a 1080/PAPP endorsement;
- have completed recognised training in farm chemical use;
- have completed recognised training in the use of 1080/PAPP;
- OR be directly supervised by an appropriately authorised person;
- obtain the product from an accredited supplier and;
- use the product according to the Directions for the use of 1080 and PAPP pest animal bait products in Victoria and label directions.
1080 & PAPP Training, Licences and Permits
Ensure you have completed the correct training, and hold the right permit or licence to purchase and use 1080/PAPP pest animal bait products legally.
Directions for use 1080 and PAPP
All use of 1080 and PAPP must comply with these directions for use, unless a Section 25A permit is obtained.
Sale and manufacture of 1080 and PAPP products
Information for manufacturers (including mobile manufacture), wholesalers and retailers.