Directions for use 1080 and PAPP
Directions for the Use of 1080 and PAPP Pest Animal Bait Products in Victoria
All users of 1080 and PAPP must comply with the Direction for the use of 1080 and PAPP pest animal bait products in Victoria (the DfU). It is an offence under the Agricultural and Veterinary Chemicals (Control of Use) Act 1992 not to comply with the DfU.
Rabbit baiting in a furrow
The Directions include detailed requirements about:
- pre-use risk assessment
- purchasing, transport and storage
- notification to neighbours and signage
- reducing potential harm to non-target animals and incident reporting about non-target animals
- distance restrictions
- laying of 1080 and PAPP pest animal bait products
- disposal of 1080 and PAPP pest animal bait products, 1080 capsules and carcasses and disposal of containers
- use of equipment
- safety directions and occupational health and safety
- record keeping.
Directions for use document
Any use of 1080 or PAPP pest animal products contrary to the Directions for the Use of 1080 and PAPP Pest Animal Bait Products in Victoria is illegal unless a Section 25A permit has been granted by Agriculture Victoria OR used in accordance with a permit issued by the Australian Pesticide and Veterinary Medicine Authority (APVMA).