Agricultural chemical use records
The following records must be made within 48 hours of using an agricultural chemical product and kept for a period of two years from the date of use:
- the product trade name
- the date the product was used
- the application rate of the product, or sufficient information to calculate application rate
- the crop/commodity that was treated or the situation in which the product was applied
- the specific location where the product was used
- wind speed and direction at the time and location of application (if spraying out doors)
- the name and contact details of the applicator
- the name and contact details of the supervisor (if applicable) and
- the name and contact details of person for whom the application was carried out (if applicable).
Exemptions apply to the following products and uses:
- household or home garden products available from retail outlets that are applied by hand or via a hand-operated device;
- agricultural chemical products used to clean a swimming pool or a spa; and
- licensed pest controllers who use agricultural chemical products in non-agricultural situations.