Managing for and during drought
Parts of Victoria have been experiencing dry seasonal conditions.
The Victorian Government supports farmers throughout Victoria to prepare and respond to drought. This support is guided by Victoria's Drought Preparedness and Response Framework.
Case studies on managing through drought
Watch videos on dry weather farming and drought relief below
- Stock Containment Areas - Trever Roberts
- Stock Containment Areas - Lachlan Ralton
- DEDJTR Dry Weather Farming - Tony Coombes
- DEDJTR Dry Weather Farming - Stephen Poole
- DEDJTR Dry Weather Farming - Joan Liley
- DEDJTR Dry Weather Farming - Andy Smith
- Case Study on Drought Relief - Liz Jordan
- Livestock Management In cropping Systems
- Grazing Management Perennial Forage Shrubs
A range of sessions are being run across the state to help farmers make good on-farm decisions in tough conditions
Drought is a major challenge for any farm business and the ability to make early decisions is key. The department has tools and resources to help.
Guides and information are available on farm management, and specific information on cattle, sheep, pasture, stock feeds, water supplies and horticulture during drought.
The department provides a range of services and information products to support Victorian farmers to effectively monitor and understand the risks and opportunities of a variable climate.
Early decisions are key to maintaining the welfare of livestock when on-farm feed and water supplies may be running low.
Information regarding the drought concessional loans and other support to help farmers.
Drought and tough seasonal conditions take their toll on individuals. Information and links regarding community support services.
Information regarding the support available to businesses impacted by drought.