You don't have to go it alone
The Victorian Government has announced further funding and support programs to assist farmers to prepare and respond to dry seasonal conditions.
The $24.69 million package announced on 24 October 2018 provides further drought support to those in Central and East Gippsland and preparedness support to those in Northern and North West Victoria who are experiencing dry conditions.
All four regions (East and Central Gippsland and Northern and North West Victoria) will together receive $14.87 million of funding.
- $1 million to help boost wildlife animal control
- $1,890,000 for mental health support
- $180,000 for the National Centre for Farmer Health to deliver health checks to farmers and community wellbeing support
- $11.8 million additional funding for On-Farm Drought Infrastructure Support Grants.
East and Central Gippsland will together receive a dedicated $8.82 million package. This includes $8.45 million in education support plus $370,000 of funding for Small Business programs.
The education support includes:
- $2.2 million in Back to School Support to help families with the cost of uniforms, shoes and other school items
- $5 million to extend the Camps, Sports and Excursion Fund to all students in drought affected areas to ensure children can participate in learning opportunities that exist beyond the classroom
- $1.25 million for a Drought Kindergarten Fee Subsidy for all children in the year before school attending kindergarten and a one-off grant of $10,000 for kindergartens to support their continued operation.
Northern and North West Victoria will together receive $1 million for technical and decision-making support for farm businesses.
24 Oct 2018 – Media release: Supporting Victorian farmers and preparing for drought
12 Sep 2018 – Media release: Drought support to help Victorian farmers
Talk to us or register for more info
If you have specific questions for Agriculture Victoria staff or wish to provide feedback directly to us, please call 136 186 or complete the form below. We will aim to get back to you within two business days.