A well designed farm plan can improve the productivity and sustainability of your farm.
Land Health staff deliver farm planning to groups via accredited, structured training courses, online delivery or via a more informal series of field days. Courses are tailored to cover local issues.
Farm planning covers the following topics with farm mapping built into each:
- Vision and goal setting
- Soil productivity and soil health
- Land capability
- Farm water supply
- Grazing and pasture management
- Cropping systems
- Risk management (e.g. climate and fire)
- Relevant legislations
- Business management and succession planning
Farm planning can help farmers to:
- Make informed decisions to improve productivity and manage business risks
- Better understand their soils and improve soil productivity
- Match their enterprise and management to land capability and protect natural assets
- Improve grazing and pasture management
- Use nutrients more efficiently
- Use water more efficiently, improve capture and storage, undertake a water budget and understand water quality issues
- Improve management of soils in relation to cropping
For more information about farm planning courses in your area, go to Farm Plan21.