Unlock your soil's potential: Understanding how soils function and how best to manage them will increase your productivity, profitability and sustainability.
What is a healthy soil?
The Land Health Program offers soil management training, advice, workshops and field-days to help farmers increase the productivity of their soils.
Our experts can help farmers increase their knowledge and understanding of:
- Soil function – understanding soil and how they should be managed to maximise productivity including soil chemical, physical and biological properties
- Plant production through measuring and monitoring
- Soil efficiency – influences of nutrient and water use and impediments to efficient nutrient and water use
- Soil constraints on production, and how to improve water and nutrient holding capacity and overall soil health
- Land management practices – managing stock traffic, overstocking, over-grazing, tillage, chemical input, organic matter management. How to avoid compaction, acidification, and to improve structure, pH and carbon status
For more information about soil courses in your area, visit our calendar.