In appropriate environments farm dams are a good way of storing water, however they need to be properly constructed and maintained. The following pages provide information on dam construction, maintenance and other issues associated with farm dams.
- Drought reserve dams
- Finding a dam site
- Has your dam got a blue-green algae problem?
- How long will my dam water last?
- How to maintain your farm dam
- How to avoid dam construction failures
- Minimising algal growth in farm dams
- Water quality for farm water supplies
- Soil materials for farm dam construction
- Trickle flow pipes for farm dams
- Organic pollution in farm dams: Prevention and treatment
- Water supply for stock containment areas
Protecting water supplies with sediment fences
Download the printable information sheets:
- Building a sediment fence – a practical guide for landholders (PDF - 257.9 KB)
- Building a sediment fence – a practical guide for landholders (WORD - 2.2 MB)