Major capital works
Through the Major Capital Works program, grants may be available for projects that will:
- remove bottlenecks and enable heavier mass limits along key agriculture transport routes,
- improve freight rail capacity,
- promote safer and more efficient road networks,
- improve the delivery of water to farms and access to secure water,
- support on-farm investment through energy projects,
- improve handling of agricultural produce, and
- support ICT enabled productivity gains through wireless access to reliable networks.
Download the fact sheet:
The application guidelines provide all the necessary details on eligible projects and how to apply:
Funding is also available if projects are not implementation ready. Up to five percent of funding has been set aside to support the development of proposals.
Developing Major Capital Works Proposals support will be provided for studies to investigate the technical and/or economic viability of a Major Capital Works proposal.
This funding will be available up until 30 June 2018.