Food Source Victoria
The Food Source Victoria program is no longer accepting new Expressions of Interest. This is to allow sufficient time to assess current applications and make recommendations to the Minister for Agriculture. Successful applicants will also need time to review and execute a funding agreement for their project prior to the caretaker period commencing for the 2018 State election.
Food Source Victoria (FSV) is a program designed to support activities that add value to agricultural produce sourced from regional Victoria.
The objective is to build stronger agri-businesses and regional communities that will result in:
- new, ongoing jobs, particularly in regional Victoria
- growth in Victoria's agricultural, food and related industries
- farmers, growers, processors and manufacturers working together, with supply chain partners driving innovation and efficiencies
- workers with greater skills, knowledge and confidence to respond to growing global demand for premium products
- increased Victorian agri-food exports.
There are four grant programs:
- Scholarships for individuals
- Planning Grants
- Growth Grants
- Network Facilitator Grants (this program has now closed)
Scholarships give individuals working in agriculture, processing and manufacturing in regional Victoria the skills to expand or add value to their businesses.
Planning Grants enable partners along the agri-food supply chain to engage independent, skilled advisers to test the feasibility of ideas, explore growth opportunities and develop a Growth Plan with clear actions.
Growth Grants provide seed funding to implement actions in growth plans or existing equivalent plans.
For more information call 136 186 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.