2016 Women in Agriculture Forum
The inaugural Women in Agriculture Forum 2016 was a great success with 63 amazingly talented, engaged and innovative women working in agriculture, agribusiness and the rural industries in Victoria in attendance. Women at the forum told us they wanted:
- Greater awareness of opportunities for women
- Improved access to skills development and confidence building training
- Better access to mentoring opportunities
- Improved opportunities for women to support other women
- Recognition of achievements
- Improved engagement and education of men to support women.
Actions resulting from the 2016 Women in Agriculture Forum
The department is committed to supporting women in agriculture and in response to the 2016 Forum, will host a 2017 Women in Agriculture Forum and will reactivate the Rural Women's Network.
More information will be provided about the Network and the 2017 forum in the coming months.
The Department appreciates the time, commitment and contributions from women in agriculture before and during the Forum in ensuring a profitable and productive agricultural industry in Victoria.
Women in Agriculture Forum Outcomes – 7 March 2016
Download a copy of the Infographic Forum outcomes
Text alternative of Infographic Forum outcomes
Women in Agriculture Forum Outcomes - 7 March 2016
What your said women leaders in agriculture needed…
- 18% access to confidence building training
- 15% access to mentoring
- 13% access to opportunities
- 12% access to governance training
Quote: "It is so exciting to see such a powerful group of women who could change the face of agriculture.."
What you said you would like to State Government to do for supporting women in agriculture……
You said you wanted access to:
- 27% wanted access to farm business training
- 21% wanted access to relevant education for farming women
- 15% wanted access to funding opportunities
- 13% wanted access to networks
% of Victorian farmers with tertiary qualifications
- 22% are Male
- 47% are Female
What you said you would do after the forum….
- I will support women getting on boards
- I will share my experience
- I will communicate opportunities
- I will support younger women
Quote: "I am taking home several ideas of things I plan to implement in my work (and life)."
Who was there?
- 37% from supply chain or rural industries
- 18% were from farming
- 14% were from agribusiness
Number of attendees = 63