The Victorian Government is committed to supporting the next generation of farmers develop and prosper, to ensure a bright future for Victoria's $14.9 billion agriculture sector.
The Victorian Government provides opportunities for young people in agriculture to have a say and enhance their career.
Young Farmers Scholarship Program
The fifth round of the Upskill and Invest Young Farmers Scholarships were awarded at a ceremony at Parliament House on Tuesday 26 November 2019.
We congratulate the following Scholarship recipients for 2019:
- Sophia Christoe – Trentham, Mount Alexander
- Hannah Dowsett – Stradbroke, Wellington
- Bridget Doyle – Upper Lurg, Benalla
- Clay Gowers – Carwarp, Mildura
- Edward Guthridge – South Purrumbete, Corangamite
- Jackson Keane – Pipers Creek, Macedon Ranges
- Jessica Knight – Stratford, Wellington
- Nicola Letts – Wandiligong, Alpine
- Andrew Murphy – Kyabram, Campaspe
- Joseph Sutherland – Dunkeld, Southern Grampians
- Joseph Watts – Slaty Creek, Buloke
- Dallas Willersdorf – Murrayville, Mildura
- Rebekah Winter – Pomborneit, Colac-Otway
The program provides young farmers in Victoria opportunities to access scholarships of up to $10,000 to help boost skills and implement new on-farm initiatives.
It aims to support them in building productive and profitable careers in agriculture.
The Young Farmers Advisory Council provides a strong voice for young people in agriculture. The Council also serves to develop the sector leaders of tomorrow.
The Council is a group of dynamic and motivated young people from various agricultural industries and regions, who advise government on issues affecting young people in agriculture and on program delivery.
Council members also act as young ambassadors to attract new entrants to the state's vibrant agriculture sector.
Young farmers shaping the future of agriculture
The following career profiles outline how passionate young people are forging a career in agriculture and creating a vibrant future for Victoria's agriculture sector.
To get more information about these initiatives email firstname.lastname@example.org.