Young Farmers Scholarships
Upskill and Invest
The Upskill and Invest – Young Farmers Scholarship is an opportunity to invest in you and your career.
Up to $10,000 is available per scholarship:
- up to $5,000 towards study
- up to $5,000 to invest in putting new skills into practice, with professional development, business planning or other on-farm activities.
The scholarship program is designed to be flexible, to fit with the demands and ambitions of young farmers and farm workers.
Since the start of the program in 2015, the Minister for Agriculture has awarded scholarships to 50 young farmers. Each year, 12 to 15 scholarships are awarded to young farmers aged 35 or younger.
Scholarships are now open
The fifth round of the Young Farmers Scholarships is open for applications from Thursday 27 June to Friday 9 August 2019.
- Be aged 35 years or under at the time of the application closing date
- Be working in a food and fibre farm business in Victoria at least three days per week for the past three months
- Have at least two years of total experience on-farm
- Be an Australian citizen or permanent resident currently residing in Victoria.
Visit the Business Victoria website for further information and to apply.
These guidelines provide information on what you need to do to apply, selection criteria, and what is required of scholarship recipients.
If you would like to speak to someone about the scholarship program, please contact:
Customer Service Centre
Phone: 136 186