Young Farmers Scholarships
On this page:
About our scholarships
Our Young Farmers Scholarships, called 'Upskill and Invest', provide an opportunities for young farmers to invest in themselves and their careers.
Up to $10,000 is available per scholarship:
- up to $5,000 towards study
- up to $5,000 to invest in putting new skills into practice, with professional development, business planning or other on-farm activities.
The scholarship program is designed to be flexible, to fit with the demands and ambitions of young farmers and farm workers.
Since the start of the program in 2015, the Minister for Agriculture has awarded scholarships to 50 young farmers. Each year, 12 to 15 scholarships are awarded to young farmers aged 35 or younger.
Scholarship applications are now closed.
- Be aged 35 years or under at the time of the application closing date
- Be working in a food and fibre farm business in Victoria at least three days per week for the past three months
- Have at least two years of total experience on-farm
- Be an Australian citizen or permanent resident currently residing in Victoria.
Visit the Business Victoria website for further information and to apply.
List of study and training examples completed by past scholarship recipients
These guidelines provide information on what you need to do to apply, selection criteria, and what is required of scholarship recipients.
If you would like to speak to someone about the scholarship program, please contact:
Customer Service Centre
Phone: 136 186