Young Farmers Scholarship
Upskill and Invest
The Upskill and Invest - Young Farmers Scholarship is an opportunity to invest in you and your career. Up to $10,000 is available per scholarship: up to $5,000 towards study backed by further funds of up to $5,000 to invest on-farm or in professional development activities, to help put new skills into practice.
The scholarship program is designed to be flexible, to fit with the demands and ambitions of young farmers and farm workers.
Scholarships are now closed
The fourth round of the Young Farmers Scholarships was open until 24 April 2018 and is now closed.
- be aged 35 years or under at the time of the application closing date
- be working in a farm business in Victoria at least three days per week, and have been doing this work for the past three months or more
- have at least two years of total experience on-farm
- be an Australian citizen or permanent resident currently residing in Victoria.
Further information on the Upskill and Invest - Young Farmers Scholarship, including how to apply, can be found on the Business Victoria website.
- Frequently asked questions
- Examples of how the scholarship may work in practice
- Young Farmers Scholarship Guidelines
- Young Farmers Scholarship Guidelines (accessible)
Since the start of the program in 2015, the Minister for Agriculture has granted a total of 38 Young Farmers Scholarships. Each year, 10-15 scholarships will be awarded to young farmers aged 35 or under.
If you would like to speak to someone about the scholarship program, please contact:
Department of Economic Development, Jobs, Transport and Resources
Telephone: 136 186