Timber Release Plans
- Prepare Timber Release Plans for areas to which the Allocation Order applies.
Harvest and sale of timber resources
- Undertake pre-harvest assessments.
- Sell and supply timber resources from State forests in Victoria.
- Develop and manage an open and competitive sales system for timber resources.
Management activities for the selling and supplying of timber resources
- Calculate the volume of timber that can be harvested sustainably from Victorian public native forests.
- Construct access roads to coupes.
- Undertake the necessary activities for coupe finalisation including site rehabilitation and forest regeneration.
Agreements with DEDJTR
- Negotiate and adhere to agreements or arrangements with DEDJTR, for example those relating to fire prevention and suppression.
Accountability and reporting
- Develop Statements of Corporate Intent.
- Prepare Annual Reports and financial statements for tabling in Parliament.
Respond to Sustainability Charter
- Detail initiatives and targets against the Sustainability Charter in its Statement of Corporate Intent.
- Report on the status, performance or achievements of Sustainability Charter initiatives and targets.
Timber harvesting regulatory framework
- Adhere to regulatory requirements.
Learn more about the role of VicForests.