Sustainable Hunting Action Plan
The actions in the SHAP are being delivered by a range of government departments and agencies including:
- Game Management Authority (GMA)
- Department of Economic Development, Jobs, Transport and Resources (DEDJTR)
- Parks Victoria
- Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning (DELWP)
The Australian Deer Association, the Firearms Safety Foundation (Vic), the Federation of Victorian Traditional Owner Corporations and the Wetlands Environmental Taskforce are also playing a key role in delivery of specific SHAP actions including:
- $300,000 over four years to the Australian Deer Association to work with Parks Victoria to contribute to pest and deer control programs.
- $440,000 over four years to the Firearms Safety Foundation Victoria to improve firearm carriage, transport and storage compliance.
- $85,000 to the Federation of Traditional Owner to lead development of the Traditional Owner Game Management Strategy in consultation with Traditional Owners.
- $40,000 to the Wetlands Environmental Taskforce to support the National Hunting Archive to develop and electronic catalogue system of historical information that can be accessed by the public.
Government is getting on with the job of implementing the SHAP through practical actions that maximise benefits for hunters, the environment, the economy, and the whole Victorian community.
Find out how we are implementing each of our four objectives: