Industrial hemp taskforce
On 29 August 2019, Minister for Agriculture Jaclyn Symes announced that a taskforce had been formed to explore the industrial hemp industry and examine the challenges and opportunities the industry is facing.
The taskforce will engage directly with industry stakeholders, participants and research organisations to gain a thorough understanding of the industry and how Victoria can maximise its economic potential.
The taskforce is made up of Minister Symes, Member for Northern Metropolitan Fiona Patten and Member for Mildura Ali Cupper.
It will focus strictly on the industrial use of hemp rather than the therapeutic use.
Input and feedback is welcome from the industry and wider public and can be emailed to email@example.com.
Industrial hemp taskforce terms of reference
The taskforce will:
- Examine information from key stakeholders on the current state of the industry, issues, barriers and opportunities;
- Consider uses of industrial hemp in other jurisdictions and appropriate learnings for Victoria;
- Examine how the Victorian Government can support industry development and growth across Victoria;
- Examine the regulatory and licencing framework for hemp cultivation and hemp products; and
- Consider any other relevant matters.
The Taskforce will report its findings upon concluding its investigation to inform government and industry about opportunities to develop this emerging industry.
- Jaclyn Symes, Minister for Agriculture and Regional Development
- Ali Cupper M.P, Member for Mildura
- Fiona Patten M.P, Member for Northern Metropolitan Region
- Agriculture Victoria