Wine Growth Fund
The Victorian Government has committed to deliver the Wine Growth Fund (the Fund), a grants program designed to support initiatives to develop the Victorian wine industry.
The Fund forms part of the Victorian Government's $1million commitment to support the Victorian wine industry. The Victorian Government also committed to establish the Wine Industry Ministerial Advisory Committee and deliver the Wine Industry Development Strategy. The Wine Industry Ministerial Advisory Committee provides guidance for the Fund, including input into guidelines and grant priorities.
Grants up to a maximum of $20,000 are available to individual organisations. Collaborative projects involving more than one organisation may be funded up to $50,000 per project.
Applicants are expected to make a financial contribution and/or source third-party funding. Grants will be provided on a $1 for $1 basis. Matching funds may be from a variety of sources including from a group of wineries or growers, associations, regional organisations or the Commonwealth Government. In-kind contributions are not accepted as part of the funding contribution.
The Wine Growth Fund aims to develop and grow the wine industry in Victoria, and to support the industry to be viable and sustainable.
The key objectives of the Fund are to:
- Develop and grow the Victorian wine industry
- Increase wine tourism and cellar door sales
- Foster export markets
- Support business development including skills and training
- Support market development
- Support wine grape growers
Round One priorities
These areas are funding priorities for Round One:
- projects that contribute to the development of export markets
- marketing and tourism development projects
- projects that improve production
- projects that create jobs
Who can apply
Applications will be considered from:
- businesses or organisations directly involved in the Victorian wine industry, including the growing, making and marketing of wine in Victoria
- businesses or organisations which act as consultants, service providers, researchers or educators to the wine industry if their project is considered to be a 100 per cent wine industry activity
- groups of individuals, businesses or organisations
Applicants are required to hold Australian Business Number (ABN) or provide written advice from the Australian Tax Office that no withholding tax is required from the grant payment.
How to apply
Prospective applicants are advised to:
- read the Fund Guidelines carefully to establish eligibility
- discuss the proposed application with your local Regional Development Victoria (RDV) office
- obtain an application form from your local RDV office. RDV officers can assist applicants to complete application form.
- submit your hardcopy application, including any additional documentation, to your local RDV office or send to:
Regional Programs Branch
Regional Development Victoria
Level 31, 121 Exhibition St,
Melbourne VIC 3000
A list of RDV office locations and contact details are available in the Fund Guidelines. Contact details can also be found at www.rdv.vic.gov.au/contact-us
For further information about the Fund please contact your local RDV office or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Round one applications close 31 May 2016.