Wine Industry Development Strategy
The Victorian Government has made a commitment to deliver a Wine Industry Development Strategy (the Strategy). The purpose of the Strategy is to improve the long term performance and sustainability of the wine industry in Victoria.
The Strategy forms part of the Victorian Government's $1million commitment to support the Victorian wine industry. The Victorian Government also committed to establish the Wine Industry Ministerial Advisory Committee and deliver the Wine Growth Fund. The Wine Industry Ministerial Advisory Committee will provide guidance for the development of the Strategy.
The goal is to create a Strategy for the whole of the Victorian wine industry. The Strategy will be co-designed and agreed to by both industry and government, and will clearly communicate what recommendations mean for particular sections of the industry.
The Strategy will include;
- A definition of the 'Victorian wine industry
- A comprehensive and inclusive study of the whole Victorian wine industry including trends and market analysis, and the impact of government policy
- Identification of industry opportunities and challenges for government and industry to improve the long term performance and sustainability of the industry
- Identification of potential focus areas and priorities for government and industry to improve the long term performance and sustainability of the industry
- Clear direction for the future development and viability of the industry
- An implementation plan that is practical, timely and achievable
The Victorian Government has appointed consultants McKinna et al to develop the Strategy. McKinna et al has extensive experience in developing similar strategies for government and agriculture industries.
The Strategy is expected to be completed in July 2016.
Extensive consultation across the wine industry is being undertaken to develop the Strategy. Consultation will capture stakeholders knowledge, experience and views regarding the key performance issues, challenges, opportunities and future directions of the industry.
The Victorian Government values input from a wide range of stakeholders working in the wine industry. Individuals or groups are invited to have input into the Strategy. This is an opportunity for industry to have their opinions and priorities heard. Input is encouraged to cover performance issues, priorities, opportunities and solutions.
Please forward feedback no later than 29 April 2016 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Or send hardcopies to:
McKinna et al
2/131 Victoria Avenue
Albert Park VIC 3206