How do I Order NLIS Sheep Tags?
Ordering Visual NLIS (Sheep and Goats) Ear Tags
Visually readable NLIS Sheep and Goats Tags are not ordered through the department. To obtain visually readable NLIS Sheep and Goats Tags contact rural merchandise outlet. A list of approved sheep tag manufacturers is available on Meat and Livestock Australia's website.
Ordering Electronic NLIS (Sheep) Tags
Electronic NLIS (Sheep) tags are available using our online tag ordering service or by completing a paper application form:
- NLIS Sheep/Goat Breeder and Post-Breeder Tags Application
NLIS Sheep/Goat Breeder and Post-Breeder Tags Application
Information required for ordering Electronic NLIS (Sheep) tags online
- Property Identification Code
- Your name, address and telephone number
- Tag Type required (NLIS Sheep Breeder tag or NLIS Sheep Post-breeder tag)
- Select the colour of the tag pin. Producers order NLIS (Sheep) Breeder tags can select from a full range of tag pin colours. At this point in time, only pink tag pins are available for use with electronic NLIS (Sheep) Post-breeder tags.
- Number of tags required
- Serial numbers (optional). The last 5 digits of the NLIS number can be specified. This number could be used for flock management.
- Property or stud name (optional). Producers can request that their enterprise, property or stud name be printed on the pin.
- Sheep vaccinated against Ovine Johne's Disease (OJD). Producers can request that be printed on the pint for tags that are to be used to identify sheep vaccinated against OJD.
- Store terminal lambs: Producers can also request that be printed on the pin if tags are to be used to identify terminal (crossbred) lambs from OJD affected flocks.