NLIS stock agents
The National Livestock Identification System (NLIS) is Australia's system for identifying and tracking beef and dairy cattle, sheep and goats.
Stock agents play a major role in the NLIS, being the link between government, industry, and the producer. This page is designed to provide accurate and up to date information to agents on the requirements and benefits of the NLIS.
Forms for agents
- F2-18 Application and Permit to dispatch cattle without NLIS tags
- F2-31 Application for Victoria's Property Identification Code Register
- F2-09 Application for Stock Agent Identification Code
- F2-01 Application for Cattle NLIS Breeder Post Breeder Tags
F2-01 Application for Cattle NLIS Breeder Post Breeder Tags
- F2-06 Application for a Livestock Property Identification Code (PIC)
- F2-34 Application for Pig Identification Ear Tags
- F2-33 Application for a Pig Tattoo Brand
- F2-19 Order Form for NLIS Endorsed Devices for Cattle
Links of interest (external links)
- NLIS Database
- Meat and Livestock Australia - NVD & LPA
- Meat and Livestock Australia - NLIS Ltd Information
- Sheep CRC
Requirements for interstate movement of livestock vary between the states. To find out current requirements for the state you are intending to sell or market cattle into, please refer to each state website.
- New South Wales DPI
- Tasmania DPIPWE
- Western Australia DAFWA
- Northern Territory DPIF
- South Australia PIRSA
- Queensland DAF
NLIS queries in Victoria
For the NLIS in Victoria call our toll free NLIS Helpline on 1800 678 779 during business hours.