Poultry legislation, regulations and standards
- Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Act (POCTA)
- Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (Domestic Fowl) Regulations
- Impounding of Livestock Act (ILA)
- Livestock Management Act (LMA)
- Livestock Disease Control Act (LCA)
Codes of Practice
Transport of Poultry
Please see the Land Transport of Livestock Standards and Guidelines page.
Victorian Code for Broiler Farms
This is the code of practice for the establishment and ongoing management of broiler farms.
National food standard for eggs
A national Primary Production and Processing Standard for Eggs and Egg Products came into effect on 26 November 2012. Read more about the new standard
Property Identification Codes for Poultry Owners