Sheep and Goat Compensation Fund
Victoria's Sheep and Goat Compensation Fund (SGCF) is established under the Livestock Disease Control Act 1994 (the Act) and funded from duty collected on the sale of sheep or goats, or sheep or goat carcases.
In accordance with the Act, the Minister for Agriculture may make payments from the SGCF to fund program and projects for the benefit of the sheep and goat industries in Victoria.
These payments can only been made once the Minister for Agriculture has considered recommendations from the Sheep and Goat Compensation Advisory Committee.
Sheep and Goat Compensation Advisory Committee (SGCAC)
The SGCAC consists of eight members who represent the sheep industry, goat industry, livestock agents profession, meat processing industry and the Department of Jobs, Precincts and Resources (DJPR).
Current members are:
- Mr Michael Craig (Chair) – Sheep industry
- Mr Leonard Vallance – Sheep industry
- Mr Christopher Draffin – Sheep industry
- Mr James Tehan – Sheep industry
- Ms Faye Tuchtan – Goat industry
- Ms Elizabeth Summerville – Livestock agents
- Mr Noel Kelson – Meat processing industry
- Vacant – DJPR representative.
Apply for a grant
Eligible applicants wishing to apply for the Sheep and Goat Compensation Fund can do so online until midnight on Friday 26 June 2020.
This link will open up a secure online application form.
For collaborative purposes the application can be commenced and saved as a PDF for sharing amongst applicant teams.