Sheep Notes – Autumn 2020
This newsletter is also available in PDF format: Sheep Notes – Autumn 2020 newsletter (PDF - 2.7 MB)
In this issue
- Your sheep need two summer drenches
- Deferred grazing for winter lambing ewes
- 2018–19 Livestock Farm Monitor Project reveals mixed profits
- Free benchmarking and profit assessment of your farm business
- Targets for maternals
- Why should I scan for multiples?
- Drought support programs available for farmers
- Dry seasonal conditions support
- Pain relief for mulesing of sheep
- LPA accreditation
- Signs and management of heat stress in sheep
Feeding Livestock – have you had a look lately?
Feedinglivestock.vic.gov.au provides wide-ranging information, resources and tools for feeding sheep and cattle.
It includes the popular Drought feeding and management of sheep (and beef cattle) books, as downloadable books or as individual chapters.
These are relevant for feeding at any time, including in containment or in a paddock. Simple spreadsheets, resource tables and calculators are all easily accessed here.
Is stock water limiting for you this summer? The site also provides direct access to tools, tables and information on assessing water quantity and quality for livestock.