Moving Horses into Victoria from New South Wales and Queensland
As of 1 July 2008, a Victorian Horse Entry Declaration (VHED) is no longer required for horses entering Victoria from NSW and QLD. Permits are not required for the movement of vehicles including trailers and horse equipment or fittings.
Moving horses out of Victoria to other states
Please refer to the relevant State Department for conditions in relation to the movement of horses.
- NSW Department of Primary Industries (external link).
- Queensland Department of Primary Industries (external link).
- Primary Industries and Resources South Australia (external link).
- Tasmania Department of Primary Industries and Water (external link)
- Western Australia Department of Agriculture and Food (external link).
- Northern Territory Department of Primary Industry, Fisheries and Mines (external link).
DEDJTR Customer Service Centre: 136 186
24 hour Emergency Animal Disease Hotline: 1800 675 888