VetSource - Information for Vets
Animal health and welfare information for Victorian veterinary practitioners
Emergency Animal Disease Hotline: 1800 675 888
Emergency animal disease
- Anthrax – Information on anthrax and any current incidents (if applicable)
- Hendra virus – Investigation procedures for veterinarians
- AUSVETPLAN manuals
- Biosecurity advice notes
- Emergency animal disease bulletins
The VetWatch newsletter is specifically aimed at Victorian Veterinarians and contains information about animal disease surveillance.
Upper Alimentary Ulcerative Syndrome (UAUS) in young calves
Animal Health staff from Agriculture Victoria are investigating a recently identified syndrome of weight loss, diarrhoea and mortality in weaned dairy calves that is characterised by upper alimentary tract ulceration and enteritis. Read more about this on the Upper Alimentary Ulcerative Syndrome page.
Animal disease investigation training course 2020
Agriculture Victoria is offering a two day course in animal disease investigation for private veterinary practitioners.
- Notifiable diseases
- National TSE surveillance program
- Significant Disease Investigation (SDI) program
- An assessment of the hendra virus situation in Victoria
- Disease surveillance projects
- Arbovirus disease in horses
- Animal Health Surveillance quarterly newsletter
- Murray Valley encephalitis virus