VetSource - Information for Vets
Animal Health and Welfare Information for Victorian Veterinary Practitioners
Emergency animal disease
- Hendra Virus - Investigation Procedures for veterinarians
- AUSVETPLAN manuals
- Emergency Animal Disease Bulletins.
The VetWatch newsletter is specifically aimed at Victorian Veterinarians and contains information about animal disease surveillance. Subscribe and view previous editions of VetWatch.
Equine Arbovirus disease project
In response to flooding across Victoria in 2016, the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) have provided funding for the investigation of clinical signs typical of mosquito-borne arboviral infection in Victorian horses. Read more about this project on the Arbovirus diseases in horses page.
Upper Alimentary Ulcerative Syndrome (UAUS) in young calves
Animal Health staff from Agriculture Victoria are investigating a recently identified syndrome of weight loss, diarrhoea and mortality in weaned dairy calves that is characterised by upper alimentary tract ulceration and enteritis. Readm more about this on the Upper Alimentary Ulcerative Syndrome page.
Animal disease investigation training course 2017
Agriculture Victoria is offering a two day course in animal disease investigation for private veterinary practitioners.
- Notifiable Diseases
- National TSE Surveillance Program
- Significant Disease Investigation (SDI) Program
- An Assessment of the Hendra virus Situation in Victoria
- Disease Surveillance Projects
- Arbovirus disease in horses
- Animal Health Surveillance Quarterly newsletter
- Murray Valley Encephalitis Virus.