VetSource - Information for Vets
Animal Health and Welfare Information for Victorian Veterinary Practitioners
Emergency animal disease
- Hendra Virus - Investigation Procedures for veterinarians
- AUSVETPLAN manuals
- Emergency Animal Disease Bulletins
The Vet Watch newsletter is specifically aimed at Victorian Veterinarians and contains information about animal disease surveillance. Subscribe online.
Early detection and a rapid, planned response are key to effective biosecurity emergency management.
Victoria needs comprehensive, flexible and sensitive systems in place to accurately and efficiently monitor disease and pest situations across the state.
Veterinarians play an integral role in Victoria's surveillance system.
Equine Arbovirus disease project
In response to flooding across Victoria in 2016, the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) have provided funding for the investigation of clinical signs typical of mosquito-borne arboviral infection in Victorian horses. Read more about this project on the Arbovirus diseases in horses page.
Animal disease investigation training course 2017
Agriculture Victoria is offering a two day course in animal disease investigation for private veterinary practitioners.
- Notifiable Diseases
- National TSE Surveillance Program
- Significant Disease Investigation (SDI) Program
- An Assessment of the Hendra virus Situation in Victoria
- Disease Surveillance Projects
- Arbovirus disease in horses
- Animal Health Surveillance Quarterly newsletter
- Murray Valley Encephalitis Virus