The Department of Economic Development, Jobs, Transport and Resources (DEDJTR) is the lead agency for the management of declared high risk invasive animals in Victoria. A wide variety of animals are potential targets for the High Risk Invasive Animal (HRIA) project. Any unusual, strange or exotic vertebrate animal, found or sighted in Victoria, should be reported to the HRIA team.Unsure if you have found a cane toad?
Compare cane toads with other
similar species, before making your report!
3 ways to report a sighting:
When making a report remember to include the following details to help DEDJTR officers to follow up on your report as quickly as possible:
- Your name.
- Your contact phone number.
- Your email address.
- The name or a brief description of the animal you wish to report.
- The number of animals you have found or spotted.
- The date and time of the sighting.
- Location where the animal was found or spotted (specific references to streets or landmarks are helpful).
Call the DEDJTR Customer Service Centre 136 186
Use our online form
You can submit your report or sighting using the form below. Fill out as much as possible and a member of the HRIA team will contact you directly.
Fields marked with * are mandatory