Vote on the Greater Sunraysia Pest Free Area Industry Development Committee
All citrus, stone fruit and table grape growers in the Greater Sunraysia region will be required to participate in a vote on whether to create the proposed Greater Sunraysia Pest Free Area Industry Development Order 2018.
In August 2014, citrus, stone fruit and table grape growers in the Greater Sunraysia area voted to establish a Greater Sunraysia Pest Free Area Industry Development Committee (the Committee).
The Committee collects money from citrus, stone fruit and table grape growers to coordinate Queensland Fruit Fly (QFF) management in the Greater Sunraysia area.
The Committee is established through the Greater Sunraysia Pest Free Area Industry Development Order 2014.
As this Order expires this year, the Sunraysia Citrus Growers, the Swan Hill Summer Fruits Development Association and the Australian Table Grape Association have asked the Minister for Agriculture to make a new Order.
Growers of citrus, stone fruit and table grapes in the Sunraysia region will be asked to decide if the Committee is to continue by a vote to be held in April 2018.
Agriculture Victoria has prepared two reports to help growers make an informed decision:
- Report on Proposal for Greater Sunraysia Pest Free Area Industry Development Order 2018, distributed in January 2018;
- Report on Consultation and Public Meetings for Greater Sunraysia Pest Free Area Industry Development Order 2018, distributed in March 2018.
The vote will be held via postal ballot between 13 April and 1 May.
Voting is compulsory, and all citrus, stone fruit and table grape growers in the Sunraysia region are encouraged to register and confirm their postal details are correct.
This can be done by viewing the current roll of growers and updating their details at one of the 12 locations listed below, between 4 and 11 April 2018.
Victorian Electoral Commission
Level 11, 530 Collins Street, Melbourne Vic 3000
Agriculture Victoria, Department of Economic Development, Jobs, Transport and Resources
- Melbourne Office, Level 26, 1 Spring Street, Melbourne Vic 3000
- Swan Hill Office, 324 Campbell Street, Swan Hill Vic 3585
- Mildura Office, Corner Koorlong Avenue & Eleventh Street, Irymple Vic 3498
- Kerang Office, 26 Wellington Street, Kerang Vic 3579
NSW Department of Primary Industries
Dareton Research Station, 1998 Silver City Highway, Dareton NSW 2717
- Mildura Rural City Council, 105 Madden Ave, Mildura, Victoria 3200
- Swan Hill Rural City Council, Swan Hill Region Information Centre, Cnr McCrae & Curlewis Streets, Swan Hill, Victoria 3535
- Gannawarra Shire Council, Patchell Plaza, 47 Victoria St, Kerang, Victoria 3579
- Balranald Shire Council, 70 Market Street, Balranald NSW 2715
- Wentworth Shire Council, 26-28 Adelaide Street, Wentworth NSW 2648
- Murray River Council, 15 Murray St, Barham, NSW 2732
Growers or other interested people with any questions can contact Mara Putnis (Agriculture Victoria) by phoning (03) 8392 7125 or email email@example.com.