Weather and climate
Victorian farm businesses have noticed that their seasons and climate is changing, and are seeing an increasing focus on carbon in agriculture.
Our climate program aims to assist in making sense of these key issues by providing information, tools and resources to support climate change risk management within the Victorian agricultural sector.
Links to climate change impacts, adaptation and mitigation reports, relevant to Victorian agriculture are provided below:
- Technical report on climate change adaption in agriculture
- Climate Change and the Dairy Industry
- Climate Change – Victorian government website
- Primary Industries Climate Challenges Centre (PICCC) (Victoria)
- Climate Change in Australia (CSIRO)
- Terra Nova – The Australian climate change adaptation information hub
Latest weather and climate news and updates
Weather and climate news, as well as climate-related webinars and events.
Understanding Weather Patterns and Climate
Watch the award winning Climatedogs and get information about local Victorian rainfall and the drivers behind it
The Break Newsletter
Seasonal climate risk newsletter for broadacre industries. Wetter or drier...what's brewing?
Making Sense of Carbon and Emissions
Learn more about carbon farming and implications for agriculture.
Soil and landscapes
Animations focussed on agricultural systems and processes such as carbon and nitrogen cycles.