The Abalone Fishery is one of Victoria's most valuable commercial fishery. Almost all of the catch is exported to international markets, predominately in Asia. Abalone are caught along the majority of the Victorian coastline and the fishery is primarily based on targeting blacklip abalone (Haliotis rubra). Greenlip abalone are also targeted (Haliotis laevegata). The fishery is quota managed, with a total allowable commercial catch set annually based on the outcomes of a stock assessment process.
- Overview of the Victorian Abalone fishery including production value, species information, fishery location, fishing method and statistics.
- Details of the Victorian Abalone fishery management arrangement.
- Details the process and methods used to set the annual TACC
- Details of the historical catch and effort statistics for the Victorian Abalone fishery.
- Background information relevant to AVG and biosecurity controls
- Lists past and current application and assessment for export approval under the EPBC Act.
- List relevant research reports, management plans and other related publications.
Ph: 03 5258 0205