Giant crabs (Pseudocarcinus gigas) are fished commercially in western Victoria. The fishery is a small quota managed fishery that is closely linked with the Rock Lobster Fishery. The majority of vessels are used primarily for rock lobster fishing with giant crab taken as by-product. However, a small number of fishers target giant crabs and processors who specialise in exporting giant crab have developed technologies to store and transport live crabs to international markets.
- Details the Victorian Giant Crab Fishery, including species information, fishery location, fishing method, fishery management and fishery statistics
- Details the process and methods used for setting the annual TACC
- Details the purpose, role and membership of the RLRAG, and meeting papers and reports.
- Details the outcomes of the annual TACC Advisory Forums
- Includes annual Stock Assessment Reports.
For further information contact:
Ph: 03 5258 0279