Statewide Recreational Fishing Roundtable (SRFR)
The Statewide Recreational Fisheries Roundtable (SRFR) provides a forum for the exchange of ideas and the facilitation of interactions between leaders in the recreational fishing sector. It is a stakeholder's forum, independently chaired and hosted by Fisheries Victoria.
The SRFR provides an opportunity to identify areas of agreement on strategic issues, and aims to facilitate the development of policy options that will assist Fisheries Victoria to achieve its strategic vision. It also provides an opportunity to identify information and knowledge gaps, including research needs.
The forum operates under agreed Terms of Reference including the selection of members, by the Chairperson in discussion with the Executive Director, Fisheries Victoria on the basis of their expertise and knowledge of the recreational fishing sector.
The forum is designed to facilitate effective dialogue and relationships between recreational fishers and Fisheries Victoria. It provides the opportunity of direct two-way consultation between Fisheries Victoria and stakeholders, both from a personal opinion or that of the organisation that he or she may be associated with.
It also provides an opportunity to build effective relationships between Fisheries Victoria and stakeholders and between the stakeholders themselves.
For more information about the Roundtable and its role, contact Merv McGuire on telephone number 0417 887 815 during normal business hours.
Chair's summary of the SRFR meetings
- SRFR Meeting #46 - 17 March 2017
- SRFR Meeting #45 - 25 November 2016
- SRFR Meeting #44 - 9 September 2016
- SRFR Meeting #43 - 1 June 2016
- SRFR Meeting #42 - 18 March 2016
- SRFR Meeting #41 - 4 December 2015
- SRFR Meeting #40 - 11 September 2015
- SRFR Meeting #39 - 5 June 2015
- SRFR Meeting #38 - 13 March 2015
- SRFR Meeting #37 - 3 December 2014
- SRFR Meeting #36 - 12 September 2014
- SRFR Meeting #35 - 13 June 2014
- SRFR Meeting #34 - 14 March 2014
- SRFR Meetng #33 - 13 December 2013
- SRFR Meeting #32 - 13 September 2013