Cat Condition Score Chart
- Individual ribs, spine and pelvis prominent and evident from a distance
- Lack of muscle mass
- Little or no body fat
- Rump hollow
- Waist prominent when viewed from above
- Neck thin
- No flank fold (under belly), abdomen very tucked up
Veterinary advice must be sought.
- Ribs, spine and pelvis bones visible and easily felt
- Little body fat
- Neck thin
- No flank fold (under belly), abdomen tucked up
- Obvious waist when viewed from above
Increase feeding and worm cat if not wormed recently (ensure all-wormer used – some products do not cover all worms).
Seek veterinary advice if cat remains underweight or unsure of feeding or worming regime.
- Ribs and spine can be felt, last few ribs may be visible
- Flank fold (under belly) may be visible from side
- Cat should have a waist when viewed from top
- Good muscle mass
- Ribs and spine not visible but can be felt
- Little or no waist when viewed from above, rounded appearance
- Flank fold (under belly) clearly visible and will wobble when cat moves. Belly and chest rounded
- Large ventral fat pad covering hind legs
Reduce feed intake or provide lower calorie feed. Consider options to increase exercise level of cat.
- Ribs and spine not visible and difficult to feel
- Tail has obvious fat deposit
- No waist and back broadened when viewed from above
- Flank fold (under belly) hangs down and will sway when cat moves, belly and chest very rounded
Seek veterinary advice on diet and exercise regime.