Seasonal Harvest Sign-on Bonus
There are thousands of short-term jobs ripe for the picking in paddocks and packing sheds across Victoria.
Take on the Big Victorian Harvest and you could receive a bonus of up to $2,430 for eight week’s work on a farm – on top of your wage.
Apply for the Seasonal Harvest Sign-on Bonus
If you’ve started in a seasonal harvest job in Victoria since 17 February 2021, you could be eligible for the bonus.
Before you apply, please make sure you have:
- read the Program Guidelines to check that you’re eligible
- completed 10 days’ work in a seasonal harvest job
- evidence of your employment and hours worked (payslip and timesheet or other record).
If you aren’t ready to apply now, keep reading to find out more.Apply now
Job seekers who take up a seasonal harvest job on a Victorian farm on or after Wednesday 17 February 2021 can apply for a Seasonal Harvest Sign-on Bonus. The $2,430 bonus is paid in two instalments:
- Bonus 1: $810, after 10 days’ work within a 30-day period
- Bonus 2: $1,620, after an additional 30 days’ work within a 90-day period.
You can only receive each payment once.
Find out if you’re eligible for the bonus
To be eligible for the bonus you must:
- have the right to work in Australia
- be working on a farm that produces fruit, dried fruit, vegetables, olives, nuts, wine grapes, hops or herbs
- be working on-farm in picking, packing and harvesting activities, including operating harvest machinery
- start work on a Victorian farm on or after 17 February 2021
- not be employed under the Pacific Labour Scheme or Seasonal Worker Programme.
Victoria’s farmers need more workers to help with this season’s harvest. If you started in a harvest job before 17 February 2021, or you have worked on-farm in the Victorian agriculture industry in the three months prior to taking a harvest job, you won’t be eligible for the bonus.
Seasonal Harvest Sign-on Bonus Guidelines
The Seasonal Harvest Sign-on Bonus Guidelines have more information about eligibility criteria, how to apply and what you will need to provide as evidence of your employment. Download a PDF copy of the Guidelines (PDF - 305.3 KB) .
Getting ready to apply
You will need to provide evidence of your employment and that you’ve met the work requirements, through:
- Evidence that confirms the separate days you worked, for example:
- – Employer-approved timesheets
- – Records from the Fair Work Ombudsman’s Record my Hours app
- The name of your employer and their contact details
- The addresses of the farm sites you worked at.
Ready to apply? Apply for the Seasonal Harvest Sign-on Bonus.
What needs to be included on your payslip
Find out what needs to be included in your payslip to get the bonus:
Find your harvest job
Want to take advantage of the Seasonal Harvest Sign-on Bonus, but not sure where to start?
Read more about the work, pay rates and how to apply, and when and where the harvest is.How to get a harvest job
The Commonwealth Government is also offering incentives for people to work in agriculture.
If you move to work on the Big Victorian Harvest, you may be eligible for relocation assistance.
Australian jobseekers may be eligible to claim up to $6,000 of reimbursements, while up to $2,000 is available to international jobseekers.
To be eligible, you must:
- be at least 18 years old
- relocate within Australia to a regional, remote or Harvest Area
- take up a short-term agricultural work through a Harvest Trail Services provider
- work for at least six weeks and 120 hours in agricultural work.
Find out more about relocation rebate and the eligibility criteria on the Harvest Trail Services website.
If you take on the Big Victorian Harvest, you may be eligible for: