Resources for exporters
Pathways to Export
The Pathways to Export program will create pathways for Victorian agri-food businesses as they internationalise and diversify into new markets.
The program will:
- provide specialised in-market support for businesses with our in-market specialists in South East Asia, the Middle East and North Africa region, and China
- collate international market intelligence to strengthen our expertise and tailor our services to Victorian agribusinesses
- include a range of business support services, including support for emerging industries
- develop an agri-food exports online hub.
To keep up to date with the Pathways to Export program and hear about our products and services when they launch, sign up to our newsletter.
Food and Fibre Trade Pavilion (Vic House – China)
The Victorian Food and Fibre Trade Pavilion (Vic House) is an innovative in-market promotional facility in Shanghai, developed to showcase Victoria’s broad agricultural, food and beverage capabilities to the state’s largest global export partner, China.
Vic House provides Victorian exporters with a unique opportunity to:
- conduct targeted product tasting and testing in-market
- undertake virtual business meetings with importers and retailers
- grow their business through new export opportunities
- maintain existing relationships and develop new networks in China
- promote existing brands, and new and seasonal products
- support entry into the China market.
Vic House provides Victoria with the opportunity to consolidate its strong position in the critical China market and recover lost market share due to global market disruptions caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Victorian Government is providing Vic House as a free platform to support Victorian businesses.
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade
The Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade website will help you find out about:
- negotiating market access
- an explanation of the tariff structure
- grants and financial assistance.
Department of Agriculture, Water and Environment
Visit the Department of Agriculture, Water and Environment (Commonwealth Government) website for information on:
- exporting agricultural products from Australia
- approved auditors
- Manual of Importing Country Requirements (MICoR)
- export forms
- regulatory information.
Austrade has information on international export markets and advice on how to access these markets. Austrade also has grants for exporters.
Austrade also provides useful reports, such as Exporting food and beverage to China.
Global Victoria provides information to help Victorian companies export their goods internationally.
Subscribe to e-ping to receive timely notifications of restrictions to trade. e-ping also facilitates dialogue amongst the public and private sector to address potential trade problems at an early stage.