Small-Scale and Craft Program
Applications for Stream One and Stream Two of the Small-Scale and Craft Program are now closed.
Stay up-to-date on information about the Artisanal Sector Program by subscribing to our enewsletter.
The Small-Scale and Craft Program targets businesses looking to scale-up operations, diversify product lines and expand outreach.
Two streams of funding are currently available under the program:
Stream One – Small-Scale and Craft Business Development: Grants up to $25,000 are available to eligible small-scale and craft agribusinesses for projects that support businesses to scale up, expand their operations and diversify their products.
Stream Two – Job Creation and Economic Development: Grants of $25,000 – $200,000 are available to eligible small-scale and craft agribusinesses for significant projects that will deliver benefits to the community and generate jobs.
Download the program guidelines:
Who is not eligible?
- Government departments or agencies, unincorporated associations, franchisees and subsidiaries of larger companies
- Local councils are not eligible to apply as a sole recipient but can be listed as a party for group proposals
- Applicants that have applied for another state government grant for the same project
- Applicants not based in Victoria
- Projects, activities, or purchases already undertaken prior to approval of the grant application
- Ongoing operating expenses or other ‘business as usual’ expenses (including social media marketing and operational wage-related costs)
- Fees associated with permits for planning or annual certification
- Ongoing or routine maintenance costs
- Costs associated with applying for government grants and funding programs
- The purchase, lease or acquisition of land
- Individuals and businesses operating wholly in the wine sector
- Travel, flight and accommodation costs
- Events and associated promotion costs
- Vehicles or vehicle associated costs such as tractors and forklifts
- Costs associated with scholarships
What can the grant be used for?
Grant funding for both streams may be used for the following types of projects:
- New equipment or small-scale infrastructure
- Product diversification
- Developing specialised skills
- Expansion into new markets, including market development strategies. Social media posts and advertising are excluded.
When can I apply for a grant?
Applications for Stream One and Stream Two of the Small-Scale and Craft Program are now closed. Stay up-to-date on information about the Artisanal Sector Program by subscribing to our enewsletter.
How do I apply for a grant?
Subscribe to the Artisanal Sector Program eNewsletter or keep an eye on this website to find out when applications for the 2021 are open.
Please ensure you have read the Small-Scale and Craft Program guidelines thoroughly to ensure you have all documentation required and understand what is required for each stream.
To apply, read the guidelines and click on ‘apply now’. This will take you to the Business Victoria website and follow the prompts.
Once my application is submitted, what happens next?
You will receive an automated email, stating your application has been received. Once the grants close, the assessment process will commence and you will be notified in approximately eight to twelve weeks of the outcome.
What is a legal entity?
A legal entity is an association, corporation, trustee of a trust, or individual that has legal standing in the eyes of the law.
A legal entity has legal capacity to enter into agreements or contracts, assume obligations, incur and pay debts, sue and be sued in its own right, and to be held responsible for its actions.