Current bushfire recovery support

The following services are available to support the ongoing recovery process for Victorian landholders affected by the Gippsland and North East 2019–20 fires.

Agriculture Victoria

If you are looking for advice on your farming system or the recovery of your property, please don't hesitate to call our Agriculture Recovery Managers:

Agriculture Victoria can provide technical support services in the following areas:

  • animal health
  • animal nutrition and feed budgeting
  • grazing and pasture management
  • farm water planning and management
  • soil erosion management
  • farm planning
  • livestock water quality
  • irrigation systems and management.

For other assistance from Agriculture Victoria, please call 136 186

Bushfire Recovery Victoria

The Victorian and Commonwealth governments are supporting landholders impacted by recent fires across Victoria.

For more information on bushfire recovery, please visit Bushfire Recovery Victoria or phone: 1800 560 760

Bushfire Recovery Victoria is also a great service to connect you with recovery services and information from the whole of the Victorian Government.

Rural Finance

Rural Finance also provides support and assistance.

Phone: 1800 260 425.

Support for primary producers


Hive Aid is a drought and bushfire relief campaign aimed at supporting all Australian professional beekeepers struggling from the difficult conditions currently being experienced across the country.

It is managed by Rural Aid and overseen by the Australian Honey Bee Industry Council.

To donate or to register for assistance, visit Capilano honey: Hive aid.

Rural Financial Counselling Service (RFCS)

RFCS provides free financial counselling to farmers and small related businesses who are in, or at risk of, financial hardship.

Counsellors can provide referrals to other professional services including accountants, agricultural advisors, education, or counselling.

Counsellors can also assist applicants to apply for financial supports.

Call the Rural Financial Counselling Service 1800 686 175 (toll free) or

Fire damaged agricultural fencing

Farm fencing adjoining State and National parks and State forests:

For fire damaged fences between private land and National Parks, State Parks or State forests, the Victorian Government will contribute 50 per cent of repair costs.

Where land holders wish to upgrade these fences to exclude pests such as wild dogs or to fire-resistant fencing the government will pay half the cost up to $5 per metre. Landholders have 12 months to lodge a claim from when the damage occurred.

Farm fencing destroyed by firefighting activities:

The Victorian Government will pay 100 per cent of the restoration costs for fences on private land that have been damaged through fire control and suppression measures by fire agencies and their staff.

For more information contact the DELWP Contact Centre,  136 186 (8am to 8pm, Monday to Friday)

Or contact Bushfire Recovery Victoria phone: 1800 560 760.

Wellbeing support

General support

See Relief & Recovery information at Vic Emergency or contact the Victorian Emergency Recovery Information Line, phone: 1300 799 232.

General Practitioners can also provide valuable support and arrange additional assistance if required.

Urgent mental health concerns

If you have urgent concerns about the mental health of others or yourself there are services available.

In an emergency you can also call 000 for assistance.

Mental Health Services (available 24 hours)

Nurse on Call


1800respect is a 24-hour counselling service delivered by qualified experienced professionals.

Phone: 1800 737 732

Kids HelpLine

Kids HelpLine is a confidential telephone counselling service for young people aged 5 to 25.

Phone: 1800 551 800


ParentLine is a counselling and information for families with children up to 18 years. Open 8am to midnight, seven days.

Phone: 132 289

MensLine Australia

MensLine Australia is a 24-hour counselling and advice for men.

Phone: 1300 789 978


Lifeline is a 24-hour telephone counselling, information and referral service.

Phone: 13 11 14


Beyondblue provides information on depression and anxiety.

Phone: 1300 224 636

Victorian Bushfires Case Support Program

Victorian Bushfires Case Support Program is a free program supporting people impacted by bushfires, linking them directly with vital support, such as:

  • information and advice
  • mental health support
  • financial counselling.

Phone: 1800 560 760

Further information

Page last updated: 11 Aug 2022